What an amazing year at ZOE Projects!
It is hard to believe that it is only 15 months ago that we launched ZOE Projects...with a shoe string budget but enough passion (and coffee) to keep us moving forward.
We thought it would be great to look back and celebrate what Canadians (from coast to coast to coast) have accomplished together!
- We have supported the work of Monique Shaw as she reaches the women in the red light area of Kokata, India, offering a viable income generating alternative to the sex trade.
- Kathy Bowler is working with mums of special needs children in Malawi...creating income generating opportunities with some "seed money" from ZOE.
- We loved supporting the work that Krista Couts is involved in reaching women in the sex industry in Bangkok, through Nightlight International.
- Sharon Thomas is rocking it in the Dominican Republic...as she raises, equips and networks women in leadership. We invested in her leadership conference.
- Sarah Emmanuel, reaches women through a skills training program out of Living God Church in Chennai, India. Women learn valuable skills that they can use to provide for themselves and their families. Great potential here.
- In Ethiopia, Val Rutten works with a group that is passionate about educating young women about recognizing the signs of human trafficking. This work is a preventative measure for young women.
- Kim Hodgkiss directs the Discipleship Training Centre for teen girls at risk in Honduras. Kim, with her team, teach these girls practical skills so that they are employable when they graduate from high school. We were able to buy sewing machines for new graduates.
- Yangon Bakehouse - The Yangon Bakehouse is located in Myanmar. The Bakehouse is a 10 month skills training program for women from disadvantaged backgrounds. ZOE Projects (with Broadway Church) helped set up a new kitchen for the Bakehouse.
- Transformation Textiles - Through our Christmas Challenge, ZOE was able to raise funds for "Dignity Kits" (which contain re-usable menstrual products) so that young women can remain in school.
- We also became officially bilingual! (More french content coming in 2015)
- and we are partnering on various leadership conferences for women throughout Canada!
...all in 15 months...whew!
We look at this list first with great Thankfulness... We are thankful for an growing network of amazing women across Canada that care deeply about women around the globe. We believe that together we can do so much more than we could ever do apart.
We are thankful to God who invites us to be "bringers of His message" of Hope, Dignity and Life to women. We can't think of anything we would rather be doing.
We also look at this list with Great Anticipation...What else could we do? What other partnerships will develop? We believe that 2015 is going to be an amazing year as we continue to move forward...(yes, with coffee cups in hand.)
Blessings on you this Christmas Season...may you experience His peace and joy. We look forward to connecting in January!
Leanne and Marvelyn